as great as we are, we tipsters gotta eat too

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

THE WEEKLY ROUNDUP

Well I'm doing this in advance because tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for Tioman. My EPL form hasn't been too good, Man City threw away a 2 goal lead for Fulham to score 3 in 20 minutes to seal a loss for my bet on Man City. Newcastle conceded twice early and mounted a comeback but could not construct anything in the second half to lose my bet on Newcastle. Great that Arsenal beat Derby convincingly, but I didn't profit much from that match. I think if I bet $1 on AOS for every match against Derby, chances are I'll be making a hefty sum by now. It has happened 6 times already: Liverpool 6-0, Arsenal 5-0, West Ham 5-0, Chelsea 6-1, Aston Villa 6-0, Arsenal 6-2. Out of a total of 35 games? That's brilliant. Maybe that can be a betting tactic for the promoted clubs next season, especially if they aren't up to standard in the EPL, perhaps because one of the lesser teams gets promoted due to playoffs. Man Utd won in the Champs League which I am elated over. As I told Eddy, the turning point of my tipping will be the Arsenal win over Derby, and hopefully next week I'll enjoy more success in the EPL.

As I will be away, I will place my bets for next week now, even before the odds for the matches are out. I'll be referring to a betting website's odds for now, hopefully Eddy helps to edit them to match the SGPools odds. - Roland

well, my champions league form has continued, with barca losing to united. however, i did say it was just a wild guess as it really could have gone either way. however, i'm relatively pleased with my s-league form, as i tipped balestier khalsa to make life difficult for home united. of course, as you already know now, they did MORE than that, sensationally overturning home 2-1. the weekend was so-so, but i was in the green for the epl bets, which is all-important. even though i didn't win most of the bets, the fulham victory at man city pulled my money stats up, as they were given generous 4.20 odds. that is the beauty of backing underdogs sometimes, as out of 10 bets, you just have to win 2/3 and you're already earning, given the juicier odds. so that's how i'll go, so please bear with me if you lose some here and there, cos rest assured you will get it back. villain of the week: GOMBAK UNITED. they should really go and die. i have backed them to the tune of $15 last week, and they have not delivered. bastards. but that can only mean they will win soon...right? :D - Eddy

No comments: