as great as we are, we tipsters gotta eat too

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GREECE vs SWEDEN (EURO 2008)

<2.82> <2.80> <2.40>

I'm terribly wary of Greece. They forced me to eat grass for a month in 2004 when I heavily backed Portugal to win on home soil. Okay, I exaggerate, but they caused a huge upset in the footballing world and in my wallet. Both teams are decent and have no major injury concerns. I'm favouring Sweden because of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson up front. If there's anyone that can stop this Greece curse on my wallet, an in-form Ibrahimovic can, and I hope he's on his game today. If you can place evens on Sweden, go for it.

- Roland's prediction: $5 on Sweden @ 2.40 = $12.00

i think sweden will win this one. i'm wary of greece too, but i think asking them to repeat their heroics from 2004 is pushing it a little. basically, they're a bunch of shitkickers, who recently added a bit of firepower with the discovery of not so shitty shit-kickers like gekas and amanatidis, which resulted in their impressive tally of 25 goals in qualifying. when you look at the teams they played in qualifying, the tally doesn't look that impressive already. 5 goals against malta. WOW. i think it's fair to say i have an easier chance scoring in malta than in zouk. when the people you're playing against share the same name as a breed of dog, they deserve to get beaten, BIG TIME. who the fuck calls themselves the MALTESE? wtf???? but i digress, i think sweden will win, and i'm pretty sure of it.

- Eddy's prediction: $10 on sweden @ 2.40 = $24.00

No comments: